Ahhh so summer is finally coming to an end. And yes, I’m a bit sad about that. I truly love Spring and Summer – I love the warmer temperatures and the sunshine (why in the world are you in England, I hear you ask – I know, I know.) But I do love the Autumn – knee high boots and jeans, chunky knits, velvet…all those wonderful tactile textures are so lush and I miss them during the hottest months. I also get back into making candles which I rarely bother with in summer given the longer days. In fact, I had my nieces over on the Bank Holiday weekend and we made a bunch of crazy colourful candles which was really fun and I’ve been burning them all week in the evenings.
I also started planning for our Man Cave design (more on that soon!), I did a really fun table setting with Halsted Design and shared my biggest pet peeves in 10 Biggest Design Mistakes – And How to Fix Them.
In the meantime, as I always do with these posts, I wanted to thank the sites that featured my lil’ ol’ blog on their websites.
- Wayfair featured my home office this month alongside a fun interview.
- TB Seen shared Swoon Worthy as one of 6 UK Interior Bloggers Helping Us Style Our Homes. Lots of my own UK favourites in this list so do check them out too.
- Houseology also featured my blog in their Best Interior Design Blogs series and shared how to get my look using their products. I really loved how they interpreted my design in the items they chose!
- I also contributed to The Roman Blind Shop’s 25 Interior Design Experts Share Their Top Secrets for Decorating a Large Window. Based on my post about design mistakes, you can probably guess what I said! Lots of other experts also weighed in so it’s a great read for picking up lots of tips on window dressing.
- Whitley from Queen City Style named my Instagram feed as one of her favourites in her post which was so lovely of her! I’m in great company so if you are looking for new feeds to follow, do check that out.
- And finally, the lovely Old Fashioned Susie included my bedroom as part of her post on Ten Blogger Bedrooms. Lots of inspiration there (and some really pretty pink bedrooms! Sigh) so if you’re thinking of changing up your bedroom for the new season, you’ll want to have a look at that!
As per usual, I’ve been chatting about interiors for various websites over the past month and so I’m rounding them up to make it easy for you to have a look when you get some time this weekend and fancy a bit of light reading! Of course, I wouldn’t expect anyone to read ALL of these but if something catches your eye, then I’d love for you to have a little look. Each link opens in a new window so you can just click the ones you like the look of and go back to it later!
Trend Watch: Tropical Glam (Oak Furnitureland)
Trend Watch: Blush Pink and Mustard (Oak Furnitureland)
How to Add Autumn Colours to Your Interiors (Tile Mountain)
6 Rooms That Prove Plants Make the Best Accessories (Oak Furnitureland)
Herringbone Pattern Tile Inspiration (Tile Mountain)
Kitchen Updates That Won’t Break the Bank (Oak Furnitureland)
How to Use Colourful Tiles in Your Bathroom (Tile Mountain)
How to Create a Kid’s Study Space (Tile Mountain)
How to Prepare for a Kitchen Remodel (AO Life)
5 Things to Make Your First Place Fab (Oak Furnitureland)
Are You Making These 6 Living Room Design Mistakes? (Ocean Finance)
How to Style a Drinks Trolley (Avant Homes)
How to Style a Coffee Table (My Two Designers)
So that’s my roundup for the month of August! September will see lots more on the kitchen remodel – we’re doing the cupboard doors next and also the tiling! Can’t wait for it to be finished. I’m also teaming up with a few different brands to bring you some great content like my trend predictions for next year as well as sharing some amazing products from the same company I purchased my gold sink from. I’ll also be revealing the design for the Man Cave and Wayne has already started planning on making a few purchases so once the kitchen is complete, it’ll be all systems go for Autumn’s projects!
How was your month? Any great news or highlights you’d like to share? I would love to hear from you!
P.S. If you haven’t yet voted in the Amara Interior Blog Awards, I would so appreciate if you could take a few seconds to click through and cast your vote for Swoon Worthy! Thank you so much to all of you who have already voted – it means so much to me to have your support!