It’s Friday! My goodness, what a crazy month it’s been. Both Wayne and I have been sick twice in the last month and with that, it seems that everything just goes down the pan – we don’t eat very well, we have no energy, the house goes to hell in a handbasket and my inbox goes from just-about-manageable to the point where looking at it makes me want to cry. In good news, the expression that March “comes in like a lion and goes out like a lamb” certainly seems to have held true. We experienced so much rain and cold over the winter months and yet the last few days have really felt lovely, sunny and pleasant. Spring is definitely in the air and I couldn’t be happier to feel a bit of sunshine on my face. Let’s hope we both feel well enough soon to enjoy it!
With the dining room remodel in full flow, most of our attention has been on getting the room habitable and I’m pleased to see we are very nearly there! I can’t wait to just get it finished now but I’m already in love with the lighter brighter space!
Between battling seasonal colds and the dining room, we’ve not been able to get out much this month but I did get the chance to head down to London earlier in the month to visit my blog friend Biana of French for Pineapple (I shared her living room and dining room remodel here if you missed it). We headed to Sky Garden for a cheeky cocktail and a beautiful view of the London skyline as well as the Hoi Paolloi in the Ace Hotel in Shoredich which was amazing.
A photo posted by Kimberly Duran (@redlilocks) on
And that was my only trip out for the month! Ahh well, perhaps April will see me getting out and about a little more fingers crossed!
So as always, every month I like to share where I’ve been featured to give a little shout out to these sites which made me squee with happiness for sharing my little corner of the internet with their readers so let me just say a quick thank you first!
- My living room was shared on Better Homes and Garden’s website (first time there! so excited) in Julia’s article Bold Mirrors To Reflect Your Impeccable Style
- I was named one of Open Plan Living’s Top 10 UK Bloggers to Follow Today – such an impressive list of plenty of my own favourites so it was a real privilege to be included!
- My office and my (old!) dining room were featured in the first quarter issue of Germany’s Deco Home magazine as part of a promotion of the Best of Interior Blog book I was a part of last year. Thanks so much to Tiina of Elce Stockholm for sending me a copy (as seen above)!
- My DIY canvas was included on Apartment Therapy’s article Everyone’s Painting Abstract Art and You Should Too! Hey why not, right?
- My Jonathan Adler malachite coaster DIY inspired Kata to create her own malachite Easter eggs – you have to check out the result! Absolutely stunning!
- And finally, I was chosen as one of 25 winners of Abigail Ahern’s #AbigailAhernColour hashtag competition and I’ve won a copy of her latest book – thrilled is not the word!
As per usual, I’ve been chatting about interiors for various websites over the past month or so (including Rock My Style which I was so excited about!) and so I’m rounding them up once again in list format to make it easier for you to have a look when you get some time this weekend and fancy a bit of light reading! Of course, I wouldn’t expect anyone to read ALL of these (that would just be crazy talk) but if something catches your eye, then I’d love for you to have a little look.
7 Steps to a Beautifully Styled Bedroom (Oak Furnitureland)
Indoor Garden Ideas for Even the Smallest Spaces (Oak Furnitureland)
How to Prepare Your Home for Spring (AO Life)
Refresh Your Home with Spring Colours (Tile Mountain)
Creating a Consistent Look in Your Home (Avant Homes)
How to Get Big Style on a Small Budget (Rock My Style) <— GUEST POST!
How to Bring the Outside In (Ocean Finance) <— new client!
How to Get an Industrial Look That Doesn’t Leave You Cold (Oak Furnitureland)
How to Decorate with Books (Oak Furnitureland)
How to Prepare Your Home for Spring (Quercus Living)
5 Small Changes That Make a Big Impact in a Room (My Two Designers)
Where to Splurge and Where to Save on a Bathroom Remodel (Tile Mountain)
How to Prepare for Your Bathroom Remodel (Tile Mountain)
How to Paint a Room – for Beginners! (Graham & Brown) <— new client!
How to Paint Skirting Boards (Graham & Brown)
How to Wallpaper a Feature Wall (Graham & Brown)
So that’s my roundup of the month! Another busy one ;) This weekend I think we are going to actually take it easy and just concentrate on relaxing and getting back to full health. I’ve got a few fun collaborations coming up this month which I’m excited to share with you – some videos, a couple of styling posts and a few new brands that I think you are going to love. And of course, we should be doing the full reveal of our dining room remodel before the end of the month too!
What’s your weekend hold? Has March been kind to you or have you been hit by the nasty bugs going around as well? What’s been going on in your world? Go on, spill…
Image sources: Inspiration image via Rue Magazine Interior Design by Lauren Nelson Design Photography by Aubrie Pick/ Advice image via Dustin Halleck for Home Polish / DIY image via Jeff Mindle for 100 Layer Cake / All others my own.