Happy Fridays my lovelies! Goodness it’s been a totally crazy month!! I wish it was because I was travelling to far-flung locations and sipping champagne elegantly whilst on a luxury cruiser in the Mediterranean but alas, my life is just not that exciting. So it was mostly writing a lot, emailing loads, drinking too much coffee and trying to get the dining room remodel underway. Oh the glamour!!
I picked up 4 new clients this month (writing for their blogs) so as always, there’s a lot of to-and-fro to start with as it always is to make sure I’m fully aligned with what they need so yeah, these posts are going to be packed with even more content that I’ll be writing! Plus I’m going to be doing some styling work as well for a rather well-known UK brand (exciting!) and I’m going to be recording a few how-to videos with another (eeek!)! The year is off to a crazy busy start but this should be fun and I’m looking forward to sharing all that with you soon although I may need a bit more caffeine. Thinking about just setting up an IV so it can be pumped directly into my veins. I mean, sleep is highly overrated, right?
I did get to hang out with some of my fellow Northern bloggers recently, however so I got away from my desk and home and made my way up to Hebden Bridge (a really pretty town – in fact, if you are watching the series Happy Valley on BBC1, it takes place here!).
It was just an informal meet up with lunch at the pub, a bit of a mooch around the shops and coffee but it was just great being able to connect with like-minded blogger friends and get out and about a little! A thoroughly enjoyable afternoon with lots of laughter so if you aren’t familiar with these ladies, do check out their blogs!
Anyway, so that’s what I’ve been up to but of course, I always like to say thank you to the sites that have featured me over the last month so here goes…
- Trove included Swoon Worthy in it’s 2016 roundup of the Top 90 Interior Design Blogs – tons of amazing blogs in this one so I was incredibly flattered to be included amongst some of the big blogs! If you are looking for some new blogs to follow then this is a must see.
- The Interior Blog Awards included my blog post on The A-Z of Design Tips in their Top 25 Interior Design Posts of January – lots of other fab posts in this one so do check that out!
- I was interviewed in a new content marketing magazine by Brand Content called Outfoxed which discussed how brands are working with bloggers. The magazine is visually beautiful and packed with really interesting stuff like how to create a cinemagraph which now I totally want for my profile picture.
- My home was included in this fab article on Houzz entitled How to Nail the Boho Glam Look – yay!
- Amara’s Luxpad asked me to give my tips on eclecticism in their Interior Design Styles post which is a great overview on lots of different styles and the keys to getting the look.
- My home was also featured in a House Tour on Yes Please – a fabulous London-based lifestyle blog so do check it out, especially if you are planning a trip to London or if you’re a local!
As per usual, I’ve been chatting about interiors for various websites over the past month or so and so I’m rounding them up once again in list format to make it easier for you to have a look when you get some time this weekend and fancy a bit of light reading! Of course, I wouldn’t expect anyone to read ALL of these (that would just be crazy talk) but if something catches your eye, then I’d love for you to have a little look.
How to Add Global Style to Your Home (Quercus Living)
7 Things You Won’t Regret Getting Rid of This Year (Oak Furnitureland)
9 Things All Gorgeous Dining Rooms Should Have (Oak Furnitureland)
Black and White Bathroom Inspiration (Tile Mountain)
How to Get a Romantic Look This Valentine’s Day (Tile Mountain)
How to Add Personality to Your Bathroom (Avant Homes)
How to Bring the Outdoors In This Spring (Yale Doors <– new client!)
How to Style a Sideboard Like the Pros (Oak Furnitureland)
8 Creative Ways to Add Mirrors to Your Home (Oak Furnitureland)
How to Create an Oscar-Winning Bathroom (Tile Mountain)
5 Decorating Rules It’s Okay to Break (My Two Designers)
The New Traditional: Looks You AND Your Mum Will Love (Tile Mountain)
5 Trends You Should Probably Adopt in 2016 (Oak Furnitureland)
8 Ways to Use Rose Quartz in Your Living Room (Sofa Store)
How to Create Drama with Dark Paint Colors (My Two Designers)
So that’s my wrap-up of February! Whew!
This weekend we’ll be working on getting the skirting board, dado rails and architrave installed in the dining room remodel. I also just found out today that my chairs are ready to be picked up from the upholsterers so I’m super excited to see what they are looking like. What else? I just got the delivery of our little biofuel fireplace (perfect because even though it’s sunny which is amazing, it’s also SO COLD) and I’m waiting on my delivery of tiles from Tile Mountain which are coming all the way from Italy (thank you guys, you’re awesome). I’ll also be visiting a blogger friend in London next week so looking forward to just hanging out and blabbing about interiors for 36 hours straight no doubt. Good times!
What are you up to this weekend? Get up to anything exciting in February? Go on then, I’d love to hear from you.